[V4RB] Using BinaryLinks

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at axint.net
Fri Feb 25 15:40:51 CST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> It is possible of course invent a little own SQL,
> E.g. We have in SQL92 syntax
>
>     Table T     =   SELECT * FROM T
>
> So I think we can easy do:
>
>     Link L
>
> And this will show 2 (n) columns that should pairs of RecId of linked
> records. Hmm, good idea!
>
> And this can be returns as cursor somehow...
> Frank, please add this to Mantis!

Added.
<http://paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua/bt/view.php?id=487>

>> Of course it requires 2 values. One of the
>> values is from the RecID of the current record in the cursor (which
>> internally Valentina must know), the other is the value from the
>> import
>> file. The problem might be how does Valentina know which is A and
>> which
>> is B? But I think it should be obvious in the case of 1:M.
>
> I have not understand your idea.
> Please explain more.

I was thinking that maybe it would be possible to SELECT any Binary
Link in a table that is part of that link. After all, it is currently
possible to select an ObjectPtr. Then we could use ImportText to import
values. I was just suggesting that both values required to fill a link
record should be available at the time of import.

-Frank Schima