[V4RB] Using BinaryLinks

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at axint.net
Thu Feb 24 18:59:48 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I am trying to convert my database to use BinaryLinks instead of
ObjectPtrs. I see how to create them, but I am having trouble importing
values into them from ImportText. Currently, I can import into
ObjectPtr fields using ImportText. But my attempt to do the same with a
BinaryLink failed.

ImportText into ObjectPtr:
    myCursor = SqlSelect("SELECT myObjectPtr FROM MyTable", ...)
    myCursor.ImportText(importFile, chr(9), chr(13), "ASCII")

This works fine.

But when I try the same with a BinaryLink, it does not import anything.
    myCursor = SqlSelect("SELECT my_binary_link FROM MyTable", ...)
    myCursor.ImportText(importFile, chr(9), chr(13), "ASCII")

How can I import values into a BinaryLink? It would be nice if I could
use ImportText but a workaround would be nice too.

-Frank Schima