[V4RB] 2.0 b46 uploaded.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 17 16:31:09 CST 2005

> Hopefully Ruslan will be able to get around this by  yielding some
> time to RB from the plug-in. I was just posting this workaround so
> Ruslan could see where the problem is (lack of RB processing/updating
> time).

I have found source of problem

Story is next. It is just a detective!

** if file not exists on HDD then REALBasic give me

    UTF8    t       é       s       t                5 bytes
           74       C3A9    73      74

I convert this to UTF16

    UTF16  t       é       s       t                 8 bytes
           0074    00E9    0073    0074

OS create file with correct name, and I have ask immediately name back ad
replace MY utf16 name with the name that OS have return me.
And guess what OS returns?!

    UTF16  t       é        s       t               10 bytes
           0074    00650301 0073    0074

Now if I convert back to UTF8 I get

    UTF8    t       é       s       t                6 bytes
           74      65CC81   73      74

So you Jon, comparing the first and this strings get FALSE.

*****
If file exists on disk, then REALbasic already give me

    UTF8    t       é       s       t                6 bytes
           74      65CC81   73      74

And this is logical, because REALbasic also get this name from OS.

So solution will be that on create of file, I will NOT ask OS immediately
for new name.

As I have told, I HATE all this new FSREf stuff from Apple.
Its just a hell.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com