Problem with viSQL

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Wed Feb 16 06:32:20 CST 2005

Hi Frank,

Am 15. Feb 2005 um 22:52 Uhr schrieb Frank Schima:

>> in last B45-Download I opened viSQl Source in RB 5.5.3 Standard and
>> tried to compile viSQL. I got the errormessage, that I need
>> Professional Version of RB to generate database-application :-((
>>
>> Could this be fixed or could you make an compiled viSQL as part of
>> download?
>
> That was an oversight in that build (it also happened in b42 or b43 as
> I recall). If you notice, you will not be able to build *any*
> application without the Pro RB version. This is because Ruslan used
> the RB database API which requires the Pro version of RB. But don't
> worry, there will be a way to build applications with the standard RB
> version. He is going to turn off the database API next build and have
> a solution for V4RB 2 final.

with B44 it worked and I need a tool to test SQLs. This was the reason
for the question.

> I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with posting ViSQL 2 builds.
> When Val 2 stabilizes, I do plan to do this.

No problem. Because of V4RB2 has a new structure and design it is, at
the moment, not possible to make a good application without beeing part
of V4RB programmers team..

ViSQL is the best thing for V4RB. Great thing you did.

bye

Claudius