Problem with viSQL

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at axint.net
Tue Feb 15 14:52:53 CST 2005

Hi Claudius,

On Feb 15, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Claudius Sailer wrote:

> in last B45-Download I opened viSQl Source in RB 5.5.3 Standard and
> tried to compile viSQL. I got the errormessage, that I need
> Professional Version of RB to generate database-application :-((
>
> Could this be fixed or could you make an compiled viSQL as part of
> download?

That was an oversight in that build (it also happened in b42 or b43 as
I recall). If you notice, you will not be able to build *any*
application without the Pro RB version. This is because Ruslan used the
RB database API which requires the Pro version of RB. But don't worry,
there will be a way to build applications with the standard RB version.
He is going to turn off the database API next build and have a solution
for V4RB 2 final.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with posting ViSQL 2 builds.
When Val 2 stabilizes, I do plan to do this.

Best regards,
Frank