bitSet and Arrayset + problem with "bitset=new bitset (count, arrayset)"

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 14 10:49:53 CST 2005

On 2/14/05 10:24 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> 2- bitset and arrayset :
>
> I know that we should use arraySets rarely and to use rather bitSets.
> But it is difficult. We OFTEN need an RecId access to the set.
>
> Actually, I see that I use a lot the functions " arrayset1=new
> varrayset ( bitset ) " and " bitset1=new vbitset ( arrayset ) ".
> I suppose that it is expensive in resources when we use them a lot.
> Maybe that it would have been more practical to have functions
> FindStartWithArraySet, FindContainsArraySet....

But they will do the same conversion, so you will no win speed.

In the worse case you can add own wrapper-functions to remove duplicated
code. Right ?

----------------
Again:

SQL command

    SELECT
    FROM T
    WHERE predicate1 and predicate2 and ...
    ORDER BY f1, f2,

At first ENGINE build for each predicate bitset,
Then do intersection of bitsets and get result bitset.
Then do sorting and get result of arrayset.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com