collations

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 5 14:49:50 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan and list,

Collations seem very practical but I read that they slowed down the
data processing a lot.
Is it true? For example, some of you use the "collationstrength=0" ?

in Valentina 1, I used for a field " CityName ", a second field "
uppercase ( cityname ) " (method) to examine and comparisons easily.
it's big but fast.

Ruslan, you wrote :

"Yes, I think REGEX should take into account the current settings of
field.
On the other hand I am not sure that REGEX uses Collator.

We need read cods on this.

Igor, please check this point and tell us."

I did not find the answer. REGEX uses collations ?

thank you

olivier