V4RB b41, Example Advanced/ImportExport.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 1 22:49:22 CST 2005

On 2/1/05 9:13 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

Hi Erik,

> Looks very promising, Ruslan!
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1.  How do we handle situations where our field or line delimiter
> happens to exist in one of the string or binary fields we're exporting?
>   Hmmm.  Or, I can work around this by using guaranteed-unique field and
> line delimiters....  Can I use Unicode "private-use" code points
> between E000 and F8FF?

this is TEXT import, so binary and BLOBs should not be used here

    I think only XML can handle them,
    may be your own format.

> 2.  This is all currently done with cursors; will it be possible to do
> it from sets?

Have not big sense. Problem is that with Tables you cannot specify which
fields to export and in which order. Cursors do this easy and perfectly.

> 3.  Would it be possible to create a variation, where the data stream
> was returned to the user in the form of a string, rather than written
> out to a file -- or maybe give us an option to "append" rather than
> replace a file?

Append -- interesting idea.

Data stream? I do not se easy way how.
In worse case you can open file, right ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com