V4RB b41, Example Advanced/ImportExport.

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Tue Feb 1 14:13:04 CST 2005

Looks very promising, Ruslan!

A couple of questions:

1.  How do we handle situations where our field or line delimiter
happens to exist in one of the string or binary fields we're exporting?
  Hmmm.  Or, I can work around this by using guaranteed-unique field and
line delimiters....  Can I use Unicode "private-use" code points
between E000 and F8FF?

2.  This is all currently done with cursors; will it be possible to do
it from sets?

3.  Would it be possible to create a variation, where the data stream
was returned to the user in the form of a string, rather than written
out to a file -- or maybe give us an option to "append" rather than
replace a file?

Having all of the above would let me easily create data transaction
logs....

-- Erik