[ANN] V4RB and V4MD 2.1 fc1 for MAC

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Tue Dec 27 09:47:31 CST 2005

After changing all calls to "FindSingle" to instead now call
"FindSingleValue", my code compiles and appears to run fine.  I will not
have any feedback for you on performance because my datasets are still so
small.

Are there any release notes describing changes such as "FindSingle" to
"FindSingleValue"?

====

I also offer the following concern:

The only way to distinguish or keep track of the multiple V2 downloads is to
check version number of the V4RB file of the installed result.

There is no version number on the .dmg file that is downloaded.
There is no version number on the V4RB folder created by the installer.
There is no visible version number on a README or Release Notes or any other
file in either the .dmg file or in the V4RB folder created by the installer.

====

Also:

I note that the V4RB_2_Plugin.pkg and V4RB_2.mpkg both installed into a new
folder created under the root folder of my selected drive.  I do not know of
any software I've installed that has done that since the old days of MacOS
9.  The vast majority of MacOS X software installs either in your System
Applications folder (requiring a password prompt) or your User Application
folder -- typically after asking "Do you want to install for all users on
this machine".  The other main install approach of course is to simply
provide folder in the .dmg file that you are instructed to simply drag to
your Applications folder.

You might want to consider one of these more standard approaches.

So far, so good!

Thanks!
--Ed