Object-Persistence in database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 15 14:16:44 CST 2005

On 12/15/05 1:03 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

> Am 15.12.2005 um 09:51 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:
>> On 12/15/05 10:20 AM, "Guyren Howe" <guyren at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, since the folks who are developing this are on here: how
>>> about letting us store objects in the database?
>>
>>> Now, that I could get interested in.
>
> :-) A close spirit.
>

>>> You could define a column type to be the name of a class or a class
>>> interface.
>>
>>> This class or the classes implementing  this interface would  *also* need to
>>> implement a DBSerialize  interface. Now, that would give me a  reason to get
>>> interested.
>>
>> You talk here about kind of OO DBMS.
>
> Not absolutely. I mean Apple's EOF or GNU's GDL2 are based on almost
> any RDBMS you want. Everything depends on how much transparency you
> want.

Actually Guyren, talk here about persistence for REALbasic object.
So this is not related to Apple and CoreData.

Aha, you see, you have bring me new info:
    exists some GNU GDL2

:-)

Well, then we can say then:

EXISTS 2 ways to get persistent layer:

A) build some abstraction layer around some or any RDBMS.
B) OO DBMS way that follow ODMG standard.

Way A prove that IT IS possible get this task solved on Valentina.

Even better. Valentina's feature LINKS allow solve this task more elegant
and effective.