[V4RB] Vcomponents in package

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Tue Dec 13 06:25:07 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Am 12. Dez 2005 um 22:32 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> Bad news guys.
>
> It just not work.
>     Because MAC OS do not see shard libs inside of package.
>     It see them in CFMSupport only.
>
> Only solution future -- switch V4RB to MACHO format (i.e. Refuse OS
> 9).
>

> I have sent question to several MAC lists for help. So far no
> response.

IMHO this is not bad news. This is WORST CASE.

When I want to use V4RB2 in future I have following solutions

1. Making installer which installs VComponents into /Library/CFMSupport
2. Making Installer which installs VComponents into /Users/name/
Libraby/VComponents
3. Install VComponents into Application Folder

When User has no admin rights solution 1 fails. :-((

So I have only solution 2 and 3 because in the past my users knew
copy application to a new place and everything will run until before.

For solution 2 and 3, how can I be sure that users installed correct?
How can I check which VComponents the application uses (Is there some
information in Logfile, if not it is extremely needed)
When VComponents are installed at several places or at all
possibilities, which one is used? Can I see that in Logfile?
Can I make check inside of RB-Application, whether VComponents is the
correct one or not and give an Errormessage to the user?
Can I get a checklist insode the RB-Application with the info of the
version of all VComponents that I can see what could be the problem
and get an infomessage what components are not working together #680?

Sorry but this bad news makes my application for the users much mor
complex, they wasn't forced in the past to take care and I see a lot
of problems and questions coming back to me ;-)

At the moment new version has no benefit for my users. When do you
think that you will start optimizing coding for getting much more
speed #641? Because to tell my users that application get also slower
will kill next release.

bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2005r4/ Valentina 1.10.0 & 2.0.4
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de