What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 9 17:49:11 CST 2005

On 12/9/05 3:22 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

>>> So what I have understood so far, is that persistent objects have to
>>> inherit from a common superclass (VObject)?
>>
>> I think no. Justin?
>>
>> I think Justin have told that HIS
>
> HIS = Hardware Information System?

Sorry, letter have go with not finished phrase.
It should be:

I think Justin have told that HIS classes Vdatabase, Vfield, are inherited
from Object.

You are not forced do that.

>>> Do I also have to send SQL myself or is that automatically taken
>>> care of?
>>
>> I think both ways can be used
>
> Well, I ask differently: Are something like faults used?

Justin?

Shame on me, I do not know yet what is faults.

>>> Do I have to define a model, that defines realtionships and
>>> attributes of the
>>> persistent classes?
>>
>> Model? You mean like in CoreData?
>
> Yes. Or EOF.

CoreData - no. (until Apple open API)

EOF - no. Until we implement this. For now was no requests.

>> Database structure is defined via your code.
>
> Well, that's about the same. There's just no code, that interprets
> that model. It's hardcoded information anyway.

right

>> Something like this (I will write in C++ code, okay?)
>
> Thanks. I understand.
>
>> Well, I think I will ask Sergey to spend some time and start develop
>> examples of Valentina for Cocoa.
>
> Thanks. It's ok for me so far. I prefer natural language at this
> level. But thanks.

Natural language? You mean talk on list ?

No problems. You can ask more questions.

In short answer to your questions is:
    Valentina is set of classes for different APIs
    (C++, C#, RB, Lingo, Obj-C now)

If some IDE do have special features that allow e.g. Binding, we try
implement that also.