What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Fri Dec 9 14:22:19 CST 2005

Am 09.12.2005 um 12:56 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:
> On 12/9/05 9:55 AM, "Philip Mötteli"
> <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:
>
>> So what I have understood so far, is that persistent objects have to
>> inherit from a common superclass (VObject)?
>
> I think no. Justin?
>
> I think Justin have told that HIS

HIS = Hardware Information System?

>> Do I also have to send SQL myself or is that automatically taken
>> care of?
>
> I think both ways can be used

Well, I ask differently: Are something like faults used?

>> Do I have to define a model, that defines realtionships and
>> attributes of the
>> persistent classes?
>
> Model? You mean like in CoreData?

Yes. Or EOF.

> Database structure is defined via your code.

Well, that's about the same. There's just no code, that interprets
that model. It's hardcoded information anyway.

> Something like this (I will write in C++ code, okay?)

Thanks. I understand.

> Well, I think I will ask Sergey to spend some time and start develop
> examples of Valentina for Cocoa.

Thanks. It's ok for me so far. I prefer natural language at this
level. But thanks.

Re
Phil