What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Justin Drury justin at crunch-recording.com
Wed Dec 7 17:04:52 CST 2005

Yup, I'm on this list, although I get the digest version, so I'm a
few hours behind.

There is still some API calls to fill in, most of these are commented
out of the headers, so it should be pretty clear...I'll list a few
off the top of my head.

VServer.
Some of the Valentina Kernel properties(waiting on Valentina
developers to expose some functions)
The Date/Time field is missing entirely..Picture field(80% there,
reads are there, not write), BLOB's haven't been tested but should
work...
In VField some of the API methods, valueExists,
findvalue,findSingle... (find nulls, find distinct, find like, find
regex, etc all working except...)

and this is in a few places...take...

- (VArraySet*)findValueAsArraySet:(id)inValue;
- (VArraySet*)findValueAsArraySet:(id)inValue selection:(VSet*)
inSelection;
- (VArraySet*)findValueAsArraySet:(id)inValue selection:(VSet*)
inSelection maxCount:(int)inMaxCount;
- (VArraySet*)findValueAsArraySet:(id)inValue selection:(VSet*)
inSelection maxCount:(int)inMaxCount searchPref:(int)inSearchPref;

The method with the most parameters is implemented, the convenience
methods with default methods aren't always.  As a general rule if
there is a notation in the header about default values then its
implemented.

And finally...

Some of the variant functions.  I need to understand these myself as
they're used in V4RB and see what makes sense in V4CC, whether we use
id, restrict it to VObject(all Valentina classes are a subclass of this)

Other than that...#import "V4CC/V4CC.H" (umbrella includes all the
other headers)

use Xcode 2.2 release, it code complete's 3rd party frameworks...

Justin