What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 7 19:27:05 CST 2005

On 12/7/05 6:03 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

> Hello,
>
> I just joined that mailing list, because Ruslin made some
> advertisement on a MOSX mailing-list. At least me, I was not bothered
> by that at all!

> Anyway, I would be interested to know, what I have to expect from
> this interface from Cocoa to Valentina? Is it something like EOF? Or
> CoreData? Or just a wrapper to a C library?
> How much transparency can I expect?

* there is no CoreData integration, and wont until Apple will open its API.

* for now Valentina for Cocoa is

    set of Objective-C classes that follow to Apple rules on names,
    so classes work with binding.

These are objective-C classes around our C++ SDK.
In this way we develop any plugin/API.

Philip, to install and test Valentina for Cocoa you need 2 steps:

1) download from here
    http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta/VSDK

    our C++ SDK 2.1 beta, and install It on your computer.

2) Justin, can you send to me and CC to Philip your latest V4CC framework
  in compiled form ?
    (I still did not have time to setup your code on my computer).

---------------
Philip,

You can read
    Valentina Kernel.pdf
    Valentina SQL.pdf

And   Valentina for REALbasic.pdf

V4CC and V4RB have very similar API.
Although some differences exists. But you will get general idea how it
looks.

Philip, I am sure that Justin is on beta list, yes Justin?
Totte also have now framework from Justin and is going start to use it asap.
They both are strong C++ developers also.

It will be great if we all start discussion about V4CC,
May be somebody will find some missing features...