Encryption Question

Bob Keeney bkeeney at everestkc.net
Tue Aug 16 10:28:54 CDT 2005

Sorry to be a pain about this but with a client breathing down my
neck....

Anyway, I'm looking at the Database_Encrypt_Decrypt example.  Seems
to work okay.

However, when create my own database, set default values, encrypt it
and then open it back up all my data appears as garbage.  Here is my
exact code to open it back up:

     gDB = new CDatabaseClass
     gdb.UseEncryptionKey "MyKey"

     gdb.Open f
     if gdb = nil then
       MsgBox "Can't open database.
     end if

So I must be doing something incorrect that I can't glean from the
examples.  Do I have to decrypt the database to use it?

2nd part of the question:
Even with the database encryption, I can open the database in
Studio.  One of the things I loved about V1 was the structure
encryption.  Do you expect this feature to make it back into version 2?

Thanks,
Bob Keeney