Valentina 2 V4RB Win => compile to MAC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 8 08:33:09 CDT 2005

On 8/8/05 2:47 AM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Anna,

> I think I've figured it out.  Bottom line is that I needed to be logged
> in as user: Administrator during the installation process.  Even though
> my account is an Administrator account - that doesn't appear to matter.
> Prior to this, I've never had a problem installing from my own account.

This is we talk about Windows, right?

Really strange...
In both cases it installs into the same location right ?

On my XP exists only one account "ruslan" which is also admin.
No problems....

I do nObjectTable have account "Administrator"

> I installed RealBasic and Valentina on a machine that had never had
> either installed.  After I loaded Valentina I received the following
> error - This application has failed to start because
> Kernel_Win32_Final_CW.dll was not found.

This happens in case Windows do not see folder Vcomponents.
This can happens if

A) installer have not add into PATH string that point to VComponents folder

B) Installer have add it but PATH your computer have so many installed
software that PATH is very long. In this case you can manually copy string
forward. This is old know glitch of Windows :-(

> This was yet a different error and when I looked in the subdirectory
> structure, the dll was there.  So I uninstalled both RB and V4RB, deleted what
> was remaining in the subdirectory structure, decided to login as Administrator
> and then I reinstalled, ran an example project and was able to compile.

I think trick is that account Administrator have small PATH variable.

I think that if you return back into your account and in the PATH varaible
copy our string forward it also will work.