Wrong database version number

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Apr 9 14:35:02 CDT 2005

>BTW, it also seems to me that valentina.GetDatabaseVersion should
>reflect the exact version number of the engine when the db was made
>(or perhaps modified). It seems now that  you are saying it will be
>512 for V2.x, instead of, say, 513 for 2.0.1, 514 for 2.0.2, etc.
>Incrementing the databaseVersion to match the engine version would
>also be useful to many of us, I think.
>
>Jon

I wonder if the issue is not the vocabulary.

 From the name, valentina.GetDatabaseVersion should return the schema
not engine version whereas Valentina.GetVersion should return
valentina's version (may be better valentina.GetEngineVersion or
valentina.GetKernelVersion or Valentina.GetValentinaVersion to be
more explicit). I mean the running version. I see no need to keep
track which engine was used to produce a db. File format usually is
good for a few different versions. Valentina.DatabaseFormatVersion
makes sense to return file version although from my perspective
Valentina.GetDatabaseFileVersion would be more logical ('get' should
be there either way for consistency)

Robert