Wrong database version number

jda jda at his.com
Sat Apr 9 07:27:27 CDT 2005

>  > That might do the trick (Ruslan?). Of course, better to have an
>>  opaque accessor, but if Ruslan can tell us the file format here is
>>  fixed, this would do.
>
>But You do not need this now, because 2.0 have this new function
>
>     Valentina.DatabaseFormatVersion

Ruslan, what is this?

I can't find it in the docs, and don't see it with RB autocomplete...

>Jon, you need solve your task in some other way.
>May be you need compare structure, may be records, values...

Of course, but that involves opening the db, and I would prefer to
avoid that. Only if the version was earlier than a certain date do I
want to open and modify it. And I have worked around this, but the
workaround is kind of kludgey, and a built-in method would be handy.
Not critical. But handy.

BTW, it also seems to me that valentina.GetDatabaseVersion should
reflect the exact version number of the engine when the db was made
(or perhaps modified). It seems now that  you are saying it will be
512 for V2.x, instead of, say, 513 for 2.0.1, 514 for 2.0.2, etc.
Incrementing the databaseVersion to match the engine version would
also be useful to many of us, I think.

Jon