DRAFT of specification if Indexing By words for strings.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Sep 22 18:46:12 CDT 2004

>>>  Yes, that would be a great addition. But you'd probably want to make
>>>  it more flexible by
>>>
>>>  ReplaceAll( s, ["von ", "van "], "")
>>
>>What this means ?
>>
>>How I can map from left list to right ?
>>

>I'm not sure what you are getting at. All I was implying was that
>rather than a DeleteAll command (which can only remove characters),
>there be a ReplaceAll, and then one can effectively do a DeleteAll
>by replacing with an empty string, or can replace the word(s) to be
>eliminated with anything...
>
>Jon

Ruslan, I think that Jon is proposing to have a replacement function
instead of delete (delete is a special case of replacing with empty
string after all).

Since we are talking about working on words not string/substrings,
may be the function names should be

ReplaceAllWords
DeleteAllWords

Who know, may be later we get also generic replacement that works on
arbitrary strings not full words.

Robert