Sorting compound names // sense

jda jda at his.com
Wed Sep 22 10:43:23 CDT 2004

>  > 1. Zasukhin, R, Brenstein, R, von Abel, GE (2004). A title. 23:23-24.
>>
>>  2. Zasukhin, R, Brenstein, R, Bethany, D (2002). Another title. 2:145-160.
>>
>>  3. Etc.
>
>You have not understand me.
>I talk not about rules.
>
>I talk that I do not see many sense sort on field Authors at all !!!
>Because as I see it can have 1 or more authors.
>
>I do not see it than more that you even not try sort authors inside of
>record.
>
>By your logic
>
>     Zasukhin, R,
>     Brenstein, R,
>
>and
>
>     Brenstein, R,
>     Zasukhin, R,
>
>Will be located in different places of sorted list.

That is correct!

That is exactly how it should be!

>But they keep the same information.
>IF you sort both at first, then they will be together.
>
>But EVEN IF you will sort authors inside of record,
>I do not see sense to sort records by this field.
>
>Let you have
>
>       Brenstein, R,
>       Zasukhin, R,
>
>And
>
>       Abel
>       Brenstein, R,
>

>Again these 2 records will be in different places.
>But how it helps me as to user ??????????

It is not for "users". It is for published articles, books, etc..
That is how alphabetized references are listed in bibliographies,
Ruslan. Look at the bibliography in any alphabetized scientific
article, book, or other publication.

If you would like me to explain why, this is so, I'd be happy to off-list.

Trust me, Ruslan, I know what I am doing. :->

Jon