[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 b15 // installer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 10 15:21:49 CDT 2004

On 9/10/04 3:10 PM, "Martin Kloss" <martin.kloss at gmx.de> wrote:

> At 13:52 10.09.2004, you wrote:
>>> Yeah, I can see that. It's a shame, because I like the
>>> new features and structure of V4MD, but I will probably
>>> not be able to use 2.0 in some cases, because of size
>>> limitations and when I just need to distribute a single file.
>>
>> Hmm, and where such limitations exists ?!
>
> For example when you create a standalone app for download
> on a website (a game or utitlity), you want to have everything
> in a single file and as small as possible (max. 3-5 MB).
>
> I was able to do that with 1.x, because the user could download
> the Director projector in a zip file and the database file as a single
> zip file. Now there will be many files and they will be huge.

Actually Vcomponents folder in compressed mode is

    2.4 + 1.8 = 4.2 MB

So we fit to your limits :-)

Also note, that ICU .dat file now is 8MB but it is possible to make it just
3MB if remove rare used languages. We have not spend time on this yet, but
this is possible. So you can go down to 3MB from Valentina.

Plus 2MB of your own code.
Quite normal :-)

Oh, one more! right now we upload DEBUG libs of Vengine.
Release will be 2-3 times less also.

So all not so bad I think :-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com