V4RB b14 uploaded.

jda jda at his.com
Fri Sep 3 15:50:32 CDT 2004

>Hi, Jon --
>
>I was having a similar problem.  In my case, it was because I was
>trying to combine the "API" and the "Class" methods of database
>creation/opening.  V4RB allowed me to (accidentally) create to
>different tables with the same name within the database.  All was
>fine until I tried to re-open the database; this would fail either
>with a "File %U is already open" error or (sometimes) with a kernel
>protection failure.
>
>This may or may not be your difficulty, of course.  What you might
>find helpful, though, is to include the "DbStructureBrowser" folder
>from the "__shared__" folder from the V4RB "Examples" folder in my
>project.  A simple call to "ShowStructure" showed me the structure
>of my database as I'd created it -- including the duplicated table.
>
>HTH,
>
>-- Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the advice. I actually already used that very convenient
utility to analyze the table structure, and (unfortunately) there are
no duplicates.

Also, this is a project that compiled and ran with b13.

I'm waiting for b15 and if it's still a problem I'll send the project
to Ruslan...

Jon