V4RB b17. Now works case insensitive indexing, search, !!! :-)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 4 23:46:27 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I am happy to inform that on of hardest tasks now works
    (at least it have start to brief :-)

You can see this in the example IndexByWords.

In the CreateDatabase() method I have add just 2 lines.

    db.Locale = "en_US"
    db.CollationAttribute = 0

Now you can enter something into search field and you will see that it also
search words that have other case.

Okay, so far so good.

Now I think I will polish API of this CollationAttrinute. It will become
method. Deal is that ICU allow us set 8 (!) attributes for collator.
Using this we can for example build combinations when we consider accents
but ignore case.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com