V4RB next beta. Anybody want it right now ?

jda jda at his.com
Sun Oct 3 19:11:18 CDT 2004

A bug to report:

I have a UTF-8 VText field defined as:

   textField = CreateTextField("textField", 128, "English")
   textField.compressed = true

I use it in my preferences database, and in one case set it as follows:

     myCursor.setBlank
     s = "a" + chr(13)
     s = s + "an" + chr(13)
     s = s + "and" + chr(13)
     s = s + "as" + chr(13)
     s = s + "be" + chr(13)
     s = s + "DNA" + chr(13)
     s = s + "for" + chr(13)
     s = s + "I" + chr(13)
     s = s + "if" + chr(13)
     s = s + "in" + chr(13)
     s = s + "is" + chr(13)
     s = s + "it" + chr(13)
     s = s + "of" + chr(13)
     s = s + "on" + chr(13)
     s = s + "the" + chr(13)
     s = s + "RNA" + chr(13)
     s = s + "to" + chr(13)
     s = s + "USA" + chr(13)
     myCursor.Field("propertyName").setString("titleCaseList")
     myCursor.Field("textField").SetString(s)
     call myCursor.addRecord

If I check myCursor *before* .addRecord, it holds the correct characters.

When do the .addRecord and then retrieve the record, it contains
garbage characters (maybe raw compressed bytes? I don't know).

Jon