Random access in a VSet?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 18 22:50:27 CST 2004

On 11/18/04 9:32 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ruslan --
>
> I was hoping to populate an instance of Einhuger's DataGrid class with
> data from a VSet.
>
> In order to do that, I need to have random access to recIDs in the
> VSet.  I see how to work my way sequentially through a VSet using a
> VSetIterator, but how can one position oneself at a particular spot in
> the set?  Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Thanks!

You are right, there is no API.

Hmm. In C++ kernel we have 2 sets:  BitSet and ArraySet.

ArraySet do have random access operator[i].
BitSet cannot have random access..

In V4RB for simplicity for now I have made only Vset.
I was going also add sub-classes for it VBitSet and VArraySet.
But them we will need also special

    Vfield.Find() as VArraySet

I need to think on this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com