Searching for an empty/non-empty field

Frank Schima frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com
Thu Nov 11 14:25:56 CST 2004

Hi Franco,

On Nov 11, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Franco Vaccari wrote:

> 2) Is there a document summarizing the modifications one has to make
> to the V4RB1.11 code in order to work with V4RB2?

Not yet. It's really pretty easy though. The changes are mostly syntax:

Old					New
VBaseObject			VTable
ValentinaInit			Valentina.Init
ValentinaCreate		Valentina.Create
ValentinaShutdown		Valentina.Shutdown
ValentinaEscapeString	Valentina.EscapeString

Then the kv_ constants have gone away and hence the ValentinaUtilties
module can now be removed from the project. Instead you must use Class
Constants - which really is a much better way to handle this. For
instance:

kv_SetNull becomes EVOnDeletion.kOnDelete_SetNull

At this point code completion becomes very helpful to find out all
these new codes. Just type "EV" and tab to see the list of types.

Mostly I just try to compile and fix the errors that appear. It's
usually pretty straightforward to figure out the new syntax with the
help of code completion.

The SQL syntax is mostly the same. I believe LIKE has become REGEX now.

Best regards,
Frank