Advice please on example organization ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun May 30 17:04:47 CDT 2004

On 5/30/04 4:47 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>>> I think that focused examples are much more useful.
>>
>> agree.
>>
>> olivier
>>

> In short: Me too.
>
> In long:
>
> I would keep parallel examples for each way of
> working with Valentina in a separate properly
> labelled folder.

This is exactly what I am doing Robert!

    Common
    SQL_way
    API_way
    Classes_way

> This will makes things easier
> for beginners and faster to find for more
> advanced users. And having multiple approaches in
> a single example can be misleading. As we have
> seen on the list, it is not uncommon for people
> to not properly distinguish between sql and
> direct api's and mixing them in not appropriate
> ways.

right

> A few simple focused examples for basic tasks is
> the way to go. But, it may be a good idea to
> include also a couple more advanced examples
> showing more complete (but still simple) projects
> to show how the basics work together.

Right, in ideal must be

1) Examples one for each feature, as above.
    so will be a lots of examples in this area.

2) few ADVANCED examples, e.g. CD finder

> I think this split approach will also make things
> easier for you, Ruslan, in terms of maintaining
> parallel examples for different environments.

Exactly!

We going to grow up document of Examples list
that will be neutral to IDE.

Although we still will have some language-specific examples.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com