Advice please on example organization ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun May 30 15:47:59 CDT 2004

>Le 26 mai 04, à 22:23, Charles Yeomans a écrit :
>
>>I think that focused examples are much more useful.
>
>agree.
>
>olivier

In short: Me too.

In long:

I would keep parallel examples for each way of
working with Valentina in a separate properly
labelled folder. This will makes things easier
for beginners and faster to find for more
advanced users. And having multiple approaches in
a single example can be misleading. As we have
seen on the list, it is not uncommon for people
to not properly distinguish between sql and
direct api's and mixing them in not appropriate
ways.

A few simple focused examples for basic tasks is
the way to go. But, it may be a good idea to
include also a couple more advanced examples
showing more complete (but still simple) projects
to show how the basics work together.

I think this split approach will also make things
easier for you, Ruslan, in terms of maintaining
parallel examples for different environments.

Robert Brenstein