V4RB b3 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 21 22:06:36 CDT 2004

>> Jon,
>>
>> You can try to play in Table_Create or Field_Create examples
>> With names of tables/fields.
>>
>> Try assign non-English names may be.
>> They will go to Valentina in UTF8 from RB.
>>
>> V4RB code everywhere already convert from UTF8 to UTF16 on input.
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I tried -- nothing works with Unicode names.
>
> I replaced the table Person with the Hebrew
> letters created by typing abc (I'm sure that
> won't come through on email).
>
> When I tried creating a table with the SQL
> command (Example 4), no table was created. When I
> tried with the API command, a table was created,
> but it's name was garbage. Here's some code from
> V4RB_Log (the Unicode Hebrew characters show as
>
> DataBase_SqlExecute...
> PARAM: instance = 26237492
> PARAM:
> inQuery->CString() =
> firstname string(40)  )"
> return (int) AffectedRecords = 0
>
> DataBase_SqlExecute...
> PARAM: instance = 26237492
> PARAM:
> inQuery->CString() =
> return (int) AffectedRecords = 0
>

> I can send you the whole log if you want. But you
> can easily do this yourself, use the Character
> Palette to insert Greek/Hebrew/Japanese/etc.
> characters.

Okay, most probably problem located in SQL parser of ANTLR.
They still have not port it to Unicode.

So we have big chances that names of tables and fields must be in English,
But data inside of records must work...

Some people say that ANTLR can be with some hacking improved to utf.
We will investigate this later.

On the other hand, you say that API also not works.
Hmm. Okay we will check this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com