V4RB b3 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 21 14:57:56 CDT 2004

>Jon,
>
>You can try to play in Table_Create or Field_Create examples
>With names of tables/fields.
>
>Try assign non-English names may be.
>They will go to Valentina in UTF8 from RB.
>
>V4RB code everywhere already convert from UTF8 to UTF16 on input.

Hi Ruslan,

I tried -- nothing works with Unicode names.

I replaced the table Person with the Hebrew
letters created by typing abc (I'm sure that
won't come through on email).

When I tried creating a table with the SQL
command (Example 4), no table was created. When I
tried with the API command, a table was created,
but it's name was garbage. Here's some code from
V4RB_Log (the Unicode Hebrew characters show as

 D a t a B a s e _ S q l E x e c u t e . . .
 	 P A R A M :   i n s t a n c e   =   2 6 2 3 7 4 9 2
 	 P A R A M :
 i n Q u e r y - > C S t r i n g ( )   =
 f i r s t n a m e   s t r i n g ( 4 0 )     ) "
 r e t u r n   ( i n t )   A f f e c t e d R e c o r d s   =   0

 D a t a B a s e _ S q l E x e c u t e . . .
 	 P A R A M :   i n s t a n c e   =   2 6 2 3 7 4 9 2
 	 P A R A M :
 i n Q u e r y - > C S t r i n g ( )   =
 r e t u r n   ( i n t )   A f f e c t e d R e c o r d s   =   0

I can send you the whole log if you want. But you
can easily do this yourself, use the Character
Palette to insert Greek/Hebrew/Japanese/etc.
characters.

Jon