ICU / icudt26b.dat file on OS X

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 17:25:41 CDT 2004

Hi All,

Wow, I have found this big 8 MB file in the OS X !
It is located in the

    /usr/share/icu

Please check that you also have it on your computers.
Interesting, it looks that OS X 10.2 already have it also.

This is interesting, because then we have chance to NOT distribute this 8MB
file with Vcomponents folder for OS X.

On the other hand may be better have it.
-- then we get Vcomponents folder THE SAME for all platforms and products.

BTW, that file can be made smaller.
Not 8 MB but just 3.5 MB. May be even less.

TIP: I have try kill that file.
        NEVER DO THIS! :-)

    OS X have become crazy. Nothing works.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com