Suggestion for new Feature

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 7 23:46:43 CDT 2004

On 5/7/04 11:25 PM, "Simon White" <Simon_White at on.aibn.com> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan
>
> I do alot of work dynamically generating web sites from VFP Tables.  Often
> there is a need to dynamically create drop down lists using the HTML Select
> control.  This requires writing code that wraps data from a table in
> <option></option> something like the code below.
>
> Function CreateDropDown
>  Local lcHTML
>  lcHTML=""
>  Scan
>       lcHTML=lcHTML+[<option value=']+Table.ID+['>]+Table.Desc+[</option>]
>  EndScan
>  Return lcHTML
> EndFunc
>
> My thought was that the IVCursor and IVBaseObject needed a similar method
> that could quickly return the HTML code something like.
>
> oVCursor.GetHTML_List(inIDField,inDescField,inSelectedItemID) As String
>
> Where
> inIDField was the field name used in for the Value
> inDescField was the field name used for the visible text
> inSelectedItemID was the RecID of the item to be marked as selected
>
> This would allows rapid creation of drop down list from data in Valentina

Well, Simon.

May be. For example, Valentina Application (VAPP) which was oritneted few
years ago for use on WEB have had "format" fucntion to produce HTML output.

On the other hand, Valentina engine itself is not oriented only on WEB.
You idea can be implemented as not part of Vcursor, but simply as library of
some functions.

I wonder, what worry you:
You think about better speed if this will be written in C++,
Or you simply want avoid such code in VFP ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com