How to create primary keys, constraints in 2.x...?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 4 09:19:23 CDT 2004

On 5/4/04 1:30 AM, "Phil" <philip at accessitsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi Phil,

> Hi, I'm getting started with Valentina, trying to convert a large-ish
> database schema to be compatible with Valentina. It isn't far off...
>
> However something I haven't got going yet is when doing a create table,
> after creating the columns what is the correct syntax for creating
> primary keys and constraints?
> I saw in a message from 3-4 months ago that constraints & primary keys
> will be in 2.0 (seems they weren't in 1.x?).

In Valentina 1.x we have no RDBMS Primary Key.

Instead we have RecID + ObjectPtr functionality.
This way eat less disk space, require less developer work, and works 4 times
faster of RDB way.

In Valentina 2.0 yes, we have add Sql92 Primary and Foreign key.
Syntax as EXACTLY according to SQL92 standard.

But if your task allow, then still you may prefer to use ObjectPtrs.

Here you can see grammar of Valentina 2.0

        http://paradigmasoft.com/VSQL_Parser.html

> Also I have a ValentinaSQL.pdf file but it seems quite out-of-date... is
> there any recent documentation about SQL syntax in Valentina?

It is not out of date. It corresponds to Valentina 1.10

> I'm using XP SP1, Valentina Server (2.0a62, Protocol 1.1, Kernel 1.10),
> Valentina C++ Client SDK 2.0a62 (Win32)

Please note, Valentina Server based on 1.x kernel
means yet Valentina 1.x

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com