VServer.OpenSession

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 15 09:11:47 CST 2004

On 3/15/04 4:44 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

> I don't see how one decides whether VServer.OpenSession succeeded.
> Perhaps this is one of those situations in which V4Rb might raise an
> exception.  Now that Rb has try-catch blocks, this is a reasonable
> approach.

Yes Charles!

And we laready have play with exceptions in RB SDK.
Works.
And in 2.0 we will change error handling to exceptions in V4RB.

This raise question although, how to not break code.
I think that may be it is possible to have global option in V4RB

    UseDepricatedErrorHandling = false on default.

So if developer port existed app
He can set this option TRUE, and still use err codes.

New apps should be developed with exceptions.

May be it is possible to use both mechanizm in the same time

--------
For now OpenSession error you can check from ANY Vdatabase object.
Even dummy

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com