[V4RB2b8] problem with errnumber

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 22 15:32:00 CDT 2004

On 6/22/04 2:37 PM, "Daniel FLEURY" <daniel.fleury at free.fr> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> I updated all my project to try the new V4RB2. New features seems
> very cool but I'm not here. First step, I want to run my DB and see
> if my encodings problems are fixed with version 2...
>
> Now I can compile but cannot yet open the DB: OK, I probably do some
> mistake with the new code... but I don't understand why I don't get
> any error number when the mDataBase.Open(fi) fail :

First of all note:
    Valentina 2.0 will NOT open db files of 1.x directly

We will use special utility to convert db files,
Or XML dump / load.

> mDataBase = new MyDataBase
> mDatabase.SetStructureEncryption("sometext")
> mDataBase.Open(fi)

Encryption is not made yet in Valentina 2.0.
As well as cross-platform byte swapping.
We will do this in the last turn.

In other words, V4B 2.0 is not yet ready to just run old project.
We will fix issues step by step.

As I have told, only what shown in the examples is proven to work.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com