[V4RB] Trouble with beta 2 installation - SOLVED!!

Sims, John AYU8 at CDC.GOV
Wed Jul 14 08:01:30 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I would first like to thank Ruslan and Jon for helping me try to figure
out what I had done wrong.  For those of you about to start down the
same path as I, here is what I did wrong.

For reference, I am using OS X 10.2.8

The installation instructions say to put the Vcomponents folder into the
"Library/CFMSupport" folder.  I took this to mean the
"Library/CFMSupport" folder under the "System" folder
(HD:System:Library:CFMSupport).  This is not the case.  There is a
"Library/CFMSupport" folder at the root of the harddrive (I'm not as
familiar with OS X as I am with Classic so I didn't know it was there).
Once I discovered this folder and moved the Vcomponents folder to this
location (HD:Library:CFMSupport) everything started working just fine.
I ran through several of the examples and all worked as expected.

Again, thanks to Ruslan and Jon - I appreciate your time!

Take care.

-John