Opening an older db

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 12 23:39:27 CDT 2004

>>> Should we always try to open the db as a generic VDatabase and test
>>>  for the SchemaVersion (assuming we used it, as I have been)? The
>>> close it an reopen myDB.Open(f) it is 2.0?
>>
>> I dream about new special function
>>
>>     Convert_1_2( db_1, db_2 )
>>

> Couldn't this be done by having v2 do an XML dump of db_1 and a load into
> db_2?

Not remember if I have told this on this list

* taking into account that Valentina 2.0 engine itself is about 3MB of size,
And it uses several MB of third party libs, I think it will be not big
problem if we drop here into Vcomponents folder Kernel_1.dll about 1.2 MB.

Having this dll, it is possible open 1.x database and do simple and fast
BYTE to BYTE conversion.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com