V4MD b7 uploaded.

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jul 9 18:48:25 CDT 2004

>1) what Windows version you use?

XP Pro

>2) again, you need create the next hierarchy
>
>     c:/program files/Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC

This was already done before I mailed you the first time.

>In this folder present some DLLs and empty folders.

Yes. The complete contents of VComponents_Win_VC and both files from
VEngine_Win_VC

>3) you need set environment variable PATH to point on this folder.
>
>     for this you need click by right mouse on MyComputer icon.
>     choose Advanced panel
>     click button Environment Variables
>
>     in the new window you can see
>         USER variables and SYSTEM variables.
>
>     both them have variable path.
>     I prefer add to system part.
>     so choose PATH and append string to the end of value
>
>         c:/program files/Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC;

I did this, but I used a DOS-style path as some of the already-present
paths had adopted. Perhaps I'll try again with a "long" path as above but
enclosed with quote marks.

>4) now when you have set PATH variable to that folder, restart.
>     Now Windows will search in the folder for DLLs.

And I had re-started ...

>5) note, archive VEngine_Win_VC contains file Kernel_win_debug.dll
>You need COPY it into Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC

Done. See above.

>That is all.
>     You have folder Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC
>     You have all DLLs inside of it
>     You have point PATH on it.
>
>Now you simply install V4MD Xtra into Director.
>
>This must work.

All of this was how you describe it should be BEFORE my first mail
suggesting a problem. I'll try again with a long path and let you know if
it works. Is there any other way I can verify that the PATH is set
correctly? Can I open a command window and type "Kernel_Win32_Debug.dll"
(which is in the folder described), for example, and expect it to run
something or return a result or ...

Thanks,
-Sean.