V4MD b7 uploaded.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 9 09:04:17 CDT 2004

On 7/9/04 7:22 AM, "Sean Wilson" <snw at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>>> I've downloaded the xtra, components and engine and I *think* I've
>>> installed them correctly. However, the first hurdle before I can start
>>> testing and trying the included examples is that the xtra doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Querying my xtraList (put the xtraList) shows the presence of V4MD.x32 BUT
>>> executing showXLib in the message window doesn't show any listing for
>>> Valentina xtras (either VDataBase or VCursor), despite the xtra being
>>> present in the Xtras folder. If I swap the beta xtra for V4MD.x32 (version
>>> 1.10) then both xtras appear as expected, so it appears to be something
>>> wrong with the xtra as opposed to anything else on my system.
>>>
>>> I have tried this with both Director MX and Director MX 2004.
>>
>> Have you SET PATH in the your computer environment ?
>
> I thought so, but is there an easy way to check?
>
> Amongst other items "C:\PROGRA~1\PARADI~1\VCOMPO~1\" is part of my PATH and
> is a valid shortFileName to where I placed the VComponents folder.

Wait.

1) what Windows version you use?

2) again, you need create the next hierarchy

    c:/program files/Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC

In this folder present some DLLs and empty folders.

3) you need set environment variable PATH to point on this folder.

    for this you need click by right mouse on MyComputer icon.
    choose Advanced panel
    click button Environment Variables

    in the new window you can see
        USER variables and SYSTEM variables.

    both them have variable path.
    I prefer add to system part.
    so choose PATH and append string to the end of value

        c:/program files/Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC;

4) now when you have set PATH variable to that folder, restart.
    Now Windows will search in the folder for DLLs.

5) note, archive VEngine_Win_VC contains file Kernel_win_debug.dll
You need COPY it into Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC

That is all.
    You have folder Paradigma Software/VComponents_Win_VC
    You have all DLLs inside of it
    You have point PATH on it.

Now you simply install V4MD Xtra into Director.

This must work.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com