<no subject>

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jul 8 09:52:15 CDT 2004

>  >
>>  As expected, I'm running into problems when trying b7 with my app.
>>  Maybe some of these things aren't supposed to work yet, I don't know.
>>  But here are a few:
>>
>>  1.
>>
>>  myCursor = new VCursor(thePrefsDB, "select * from prefs where
>>  RecId=0", kServer, kReadWrite)
>
>I think we need check WHERE reciID = 0 query
>Well Sergey say it works
>
>Which fields types are in your table?
>BLOBs ?

There is one blob field,  yes.

>BTW, in 2.0 the BEST OFFICAL way to create EMPTY cursors will be syntax
>
>     select * FROM T WHERE false

Tried that -- still crashed.

BTW, here are the last lines from the OS crash log:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb      	0x022e5ce8
put_IsNull__Q23fbl17Value_string_nullFb + 0x20
1   Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb      	0x02331ffc
put_IsNull__Q23fbl5VTextFb + 0x68
2   Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb      	0x0209f6e4
SetBlank__Q23fbl10Record_ImpFv + 0xec
3   Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb      	0x022f6fdc
SetBlank__Q23fbl14Table_IndirectFv + 0x30
4   Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb      	0x022f2450
SetBlank__Q24vsql6CursorFv + 0x4c
5   Plugin                        	0x004f7ac4
Cursor_SetRecBlank__FP16REALobjectStruct + 0xb4
6   main                          	0x01157288

>Jon, can you make for us some test project which fails.
>The more simple the better.
>
>Because it is hard for us to guess what fails you.

I'd be happy to send the project -- you know it's big, but the crash
occurs very early in the creation of the preferences file (a
Valentina DB), before any of the actual application code kicks in. I
could comment it for you and you would quickly see...

Jon