"collationstrength = 1" doesn't render field case-insensitive

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Tue Dec 14 11:06:29 CST 2004

>> VarChar fields with a collationstrength of 1 are not found with
>> FindContains unless the search-text capitalization exactly matches.
>> E.g., "Cabot" is not found if you search for "cabot".
>
>     0 - ignore case + ignore accents
>     1 - ignore accents
>     2 - nothing ignore (i.e. The same srtings)
>
> So what you want to get ?

Sounds like "0" is what I want.

Given the lack of documentation (not your fault!  I know this is an
alpha! :-), I'd been using

<http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/leif/sourcepro/html/i18nref/
rwucollator.html>

for definitions and explanations of collation.  There, your "0" is
defined as "primary," your "1" as "secondary," etc.

Hmmm....  Actually, I'd used your EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary enum.
You (like Rogue Wave) have enums kPrimary, kSecondary, kTertiary, and
kQuaternary.  How do these correspond to your numerals above?

kPrimary is *not* ignoring case, currently.

Thanks,

-- Erik