V4RB Reference for 2.0 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 3 15:53:54 CST 2004

On 12/3/04 3:35 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

Hi John,

> I saw this in the new manual:
>
> SQLSelect( inQuery as String, inCursorLocation as EVCursorLocation =
> kClientSide, inLockType as EVLockType = kReadOnly, inDirection as
> EVCursorDirection = kForwardOnly, inBinds() as String = nil ) As Vcursor
>
> ... And I noticed that you have added "inBinds() as String".
>
> 1) I'm assuming this means we can now use array binding when selecting
> data from the database?

Yes. Example must be in "SQL way" folder

> 2) What part(s) of the SQL statement understand array binding?  Is it
> just in the WHERE clause?

You can bind ANY constant expr at any place of query.

Just as I understand, constants can be in WHERE, HAVING,

> 3) Is this already implemented in 2.0 betas and I have just overlooked
> it? --- very, very possible :-)

Yes it works in beta far far ago.

Please take a look at SQL grammar of 2.0.
Link is in the same place where docs.

Everything you see in grammar already works.

P.S. NOT IMPLEMENTED only sorting of JOIN TABLE.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com