[V4RB] Binary link error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 11 21:11:48 CDT 2004

On 8/11/04 6:38 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

>>> I'm experimenting with binary links in V4RB.
>>>
>>> I've created two tables: tblAdmin and tblAffiliation.  I'm attempting
>>> to link them 1:1 with the following code:
>>>
>>> ==========
>>> Dim vl as VLink
>>>
>>> if link("linkAffiliationAdmin") = nil then
>>>  try
>>>    vl = CreateBinaryLink("linkAffiliationAdmin", tblAdmin,
>>> tblAffiliation, valentina.kOne, valentina.kOne)
>>>  catch vExc
>>>    Except(vExc, "Unable to create Affiliation/Admin link.")
>>>  end try
>>> end if
>>> ===========
>>>
>>> This gives me error #339968: "Insuffucuent resources."
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Can you send project ?
>
> Here you go!

Okay, I see where is problem.

You try to work via Classes way, i.e. Static way.
You create tables and link BEFORE you have do db.Create()

Right now primary our tests targeted to DYNAMIC way,
I.e. Db is opened and we tell it create/drop objects.

Classes way is more hard, and not all parts work yet.

So you can try to use BinaryLink without classes.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com