Data Import

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 2 20:06:59 CDT 2004

On 8/2/04 7:27 PM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Now - on to the data - once again, the sql is only read one line at a time - I
> tried ascii, xml, sql files, but am having no luck. This is sample ascii file
> which doesn't work - comma delimited:
> 1, 'Acts Positively', 1, 1, 0.1, 100
> 2, 'Shares Well', 1, 1, 0.5, 200
> 3, 'Prepares Homework', 1, 1, 0.3, 200

I assume this line have DOS end lines.

You try import it using Cursor,ImportASCII() ?

Have you specify line delimiter to be \n ?

Please download Valentina studio and subscribe to its list.

Use Valentina Studio to create simplest table with say 2 fields and 5
records.

EXPORT it into ASCII coma separated.
Jochen, can we do export ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com