[SJHS-Swim] Board Positions

Thornburg, Darlene dthornburg at thornburgsfamily.com
Mon Feb 25 08:03:27 CST 2013

 All,

Due to seniors graduating and other reasons, we need to fill the following
board positions:

   - Vice-President
   - Apparel
   - Computer Rep

We need to fill these positions.  The Board needs help.

Please let me know by March 5th which position you would like to be a
candidate.

Also, if anyone would like to run for President, Treasurer, or Secretary
against the incumbents, please let me know.

The positions and duties of each board position is listed below.

Darlene
dthornburg at thornburgsfamily.com

   - President: The President shall preside at allmeetings of the club, in
   a parliamentary procedure, at all regular meetings andthe Board of
   Directors meetings, and shall perform all such duties as are requiredto the
   office of President and are properly required of the President.

   - Vice-President: In the absence of the President,the Vice-President
   shall exercise all functions of the President and shall bevested with all
   presidential powers.

   - Secretary: The Secretary shall have charge ofall papers, keep such
   records, make such reports and perform such duties as arerequired to that
   office, and properly required of him/her by theorganization.  Secretary
   will takeminutes at meetings and distribute them to board members.

   - Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have charge ofthe funds of the club.  The
   Treasurershall conduct the clubs banking business and keep all accounts.
   Checks drawn for the amount greater than $500, shall be approved by the
   Board of Directors, signed by the President andby the Treasurer.  The
   Board of Directorsshall audit the books at the September meeting.

   - Apparel: The Apparel person works with the coach to determine the swim
   suit and warm-ups for the kids. Works with Riptide on t-shirts and any
   other apparel we are planning on selling to the team (i.e. parent t-shirts,
   shorts, baggies, etc...)

   - Computer Rep: The computer person works with the coach on getting the
   entries entered each week into the system. During the meet enters the times
   for each swimmer for each event. Backs the data up and prints heat sheets
   for the officials.

--
Darlene
dthornburg at thornburgsfamily.com