[SJHS-Swim] Fwd: Please forward to parents of all swimmers

Thornburg, Darlene darlene.thornburg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:31:30 CST 2013

Note from coach:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DD Ross <xcmom at aol.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Subject: Please forward to parents of all swimmers
To: darlene.thornburg at gmail.com
Cc: Xcmom at aol.com

SJHS Swim Parents,

Today I will be delivering some disappointing news to our relay swimmers.
Due to a change in the Regional advancement rules, only 4 teams will be
going to the Regional Championships.  I am sure this is in anticipation of
the changes that are to come in the future with the redistricting and
perhaps to keep things more competitive.  Whatever the reasoning, it was
information that was not disseminated to us in a timely manner, i.e. before
the District Championships.  Though it is in the Regional information I
currently have now.  So to everyone who was anticipating one more meet....I
am very sorry for the disappointment.

Everyone is welcome to attend the Regional Swim Meet at the Freedom Center
on Friday to cheer for Natalie and Matt.  The meet begins at 2 p.m.  I will
be requesting Team Captains and Seniors to be permitted to be there early
for the meet as team members.  Everyone else unfortunately must pay to
enter and may not be on the pool deck though they may come into our area of
the gym to sit with us.  They must be in team attire if they choose to sit
with us in the team area. Natalie is swimming the 200 IM and the 100
Breaststroke, Matt is swimming the 50 Free and the 100 Free.  Both swimmers
are positioned very well to have great swims and possibly advance to the
State Championships, your swimmers support would be greatly appreciated.

Our swimmers did a very good job on Friday and deserve a lot of credit for
swimming a great meet and working very hard this season.
*Today,* we will have some fun at our* last practice* playing Water polo!

Info regarding the End of Season Banquet will be coming out soon.

Thank you for all of your support this season, for volunteering many hours,
and being great swim parents!

Carpe Lacus,
Coach Ross