Boolean field nullable problem

jda jda at his.com
Wed Jul 22 07:56:03 CDT 2015

>> BTW, it behaved that way at least through 5.5.2 (which was only 1.5 years old,
>> January 2014). So the behavior change is relatively recent. I have to say this
>> is one reason I only upgrade Valentina when I ablsolutely have to. So many
>> upgrade break existing behavior!
>
> Lets see how to "fix" that.
>
> So far I do not see where is big problems.
>
> You say
>
> I have a boolean field that I add to the database like this
>

>      ALTER TABLE bibAndDoc ADD forCitation Boolean
>

> So this is temporary field which you add runtime?
>
> Just correct this command as:
>      ALTER TABLE bibAndDoc ADD forCitation Boolean NOT NULL.

Hi Ruslan,

I’ve done that.

> 2) Existed databases - already have all your bool fields as NOT NULL.
> No problems here.

No, when I open them in VS I see that all the ones that are not TRUE are NULL.

I have to set the property .isnullable = false to these fields when the db is opened with 5.6.8. I can send you a database that was not touched by my app except in older versions of Valentina and you can see for yourself.

Jon