Boolean field nullable problem

jda jda at his.com
Mon Jul 20 15:25:08 CDT 2015

Hi Ruslan,

I just upgraded from 5.5.2 to the current release (5.8.6 I think) and of course it broke some of my code.

I have a boolean field that I add to the database like this

     ALTER TABLE bibAndDoc ADD forCitation Boolean

In the past I’ve done queries for “forCitation=false”. Worked fine.

But in 5.8.6 these queries return nothing. I look in Valentina Studio and see that this is a nullable field. If I search for IS NULL I get hits. Is this a bug? I don’t want the field to be nullable (it’s a boolean). And if it is for some reason, I want the search for FALSE to find fields that are not TRUE. This is how it always worked.

Is this a bug I should report. I don’t want to change my searches to look for NULL or false…

Thanks,

Jon